If you are not completely happy with the way your smile looks, you are certainly not alone. Surveys show that many adults feel that way.
If you are one of them, we’d like to talk to you about how the art of smile design can enhance not just your smile, but also your self-confidence, health, and emotional well-being.
A beautiful smile can impact your social and professional life in extremely positive ways. And these days, there’s so much that can be done to improve the appearance of a person’s smile — at any age. The best thing about smile design is that it is not a one-size-fits-all approach. It is a collaboration between you, your dentist, and sometimes other skilled professionals including dental laboratory artisans. Working together, we will produce a result that is uniquely suited to your own desires and circumstances.
As dental professionals, we are aware of principles of smile design including symmetry, harmony, balance, and proportion. We take them all into account as we plan your smile makeover. Yet beauty is highly subjective and your opinions count the most; we want to know how you would like your own smile to look. After we have discussed this with you, we will give you a complete oral exam to see if any of your cosmetic issues are in fact health-related. For example, a discolored tooth might indicate a need for a root canal treatment. In this way, we can devise a plan that will leave your smile healthier as well as more beautiful. Cosmetic procedures available to us include:
- Whitening — We offer in-office treatments using the strongest bleaching solutions available, or we can fabricate custom-made mouth trays for effective at-home bleaching.
- Porcelain Veneers — These thin, lifelike shells of dental ceramic material can correct poor color, shape and spacing, just to name a few uses.
- Bonding — Composite resins (a mixture of plastic and glass) can be attached or “bonded” to most healthy tooth structure to repair chipped teeth.
- Porcelain Crowns — Custom-made out of lifelike dental ceramic material, crowns or “caps” can restore badly decayed or injured teeth, and even replace missing teeth as part of a dental bridge.
- Dental Implants — These tiny screw-shaped titanium posts replace the root-part of a missing tooth. They are topped with a lifelike crown custom-made to match your existing natural teeth. Together, the implant and crown form a highly successful tooth-replacement system.
- Orthodontics — It’s not a stretch to call orthodontics, or straightening teeth, the original smile makeover tool. After all, misaligned teeth impact a smile in a highly visible way. We have newer options that make orthodontic treatment less noticeable and less intrusive than ever — with equally spectacular results!